Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One more Vintage Card with a Steampunk Element!

Hi again!  Lis here with another card using the 7 Gypsies line.  This time with a little steampunk added.

I really like the steampunk movement. I love watches and gears and victoriana.  It all reminds me of all the Jules Vern stories.  Actually I am a gear NUT!  I am working on some cards with all gears.  They are pretty (I think).  You'll see...


I must admit that this card is very subdued.  It has the collage tissue paper on it (which I really like. It reminds me of the kind of tissue that you find in the sewing patterns at the local store....which by the way I will be using for some future cards.)

I thought I liked the pearls but now I'm not so sure.  I may take them off. What do you think?


I stamped a pattern on the die cut under the bow but I think I probably should have used a lighter design that would show through better.  I like the bow and gear though.




 Do you see the gear?  Its got a little crystal in it. How cool is that? )You know me...anything with bling!)


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  See you next time!

Lis

No comments: