Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Old Fashioned Card with Stick Pins


Hi everyone and happy Monday!  I hope your Monday has been good.  Mine is busy as always.  I decided never to plan anything on a Monday.  That way whatever happens, I am ready!

My card for today is old fashioned with muted browns and rusts.  I like the button ribbon I used too.  Its very cute and lends itself to the feel of the card.  I used some 7 Gypsies tissue paper (yes, this is a new product of theirs).  I cut it in a quarter circle, pleated (folded) it and added it to the left of my card. I let the bottom hang off - I thought it was kind of cool. 




 I used two stick pins on this card.  I love the Mays Arts stick pins (you can also make your own - just go to the craft store and get some of those long pins they use for earrings and glue on some beads - FYI these pins are not for fastening anything.  They are straight with a flat top.) 

Anyway, you can get these stick pins in pearls or faux crystal, they are very pretty.  I love the way the crystal (its plastic, not glass) kind of catches the light and reflects it on the card.




I printed out a vintage picture onto some sticky backed canvas and cut out the image.  I used that on the card.  It looks like she is gazing as something, don't you think?  This is a good close up of the stick pins also.

I hope you like this card and try one for yourself too!

Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super merci extrêmement pour tout. votre site internet est tout tout de go incalculable et bonard