Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

Get Well Soon, a Slimline Card

 Get Well Soon, a Slimline Card


Hello Dear Friends,

I hope that the weeks' heat hasn't got you down. Keep cool, you guys!


Today's card is another slimline card. This time it is a Get Well Soon card.  It's always good to keep at least one to hand just in case I need it.



This is a standard size slimline card made with white cardstock and layered in black cardstock.
I added the patterned mirror card (Crafters Companion - I believe it's one of their luxury cardstocks for every day.) to my card. 
I cut the banner above from holographic card using a Diamond Press die.
I have a grass die which I cut several times. I added some green ink to the front layer and left the back layer of grass alone.
I mounted the back layer first, then added the flowers, then added the front layer of grass. I alternated the height for the flowers, cutting the stems short for the yellow flowers.

I have this cute little flower die which is part of a slimline die set by Diamond Press. I cut 9 sets of the flowers from green cardstock. Then I cut flowers from 
yellow cardstock and pink pearl card
I cut the flower tops off and glued them to the green base. Then I mounted these flowers to the card onto the back layer of grass. Then I added the front layer of grass. 
I added red and yellow gems to the flowers.

I added a sentiment (Paper Wishes) to the center of my card. 

I love the Paper Wishes Dazzles and sentiments lines.  The sentiments are so varied, and I get a lot on a single sheet.  They sell them in multi-colored sets (usually black, white, silver and gold). They've recently come out with pastel shades.
The Thin Lines and Jewel Border Dazzles are another thing I often use to outline my cards or add a decorative touch.

(Note: I haven't been paid or given free merchandise to say this.  I just love their product.)







Thanks for stopping by,

Lis

No comments: