Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thankful for You Rose Card

Thankful for You Rose Card



Hi everyone,
I hope that your June has been a good one.  We haven't gotten to the summer heat in California just yet.  The weather has been so nice with warm sunshine and cool breezes.

Today's card is reflective of my thoughts these days.  I am thankful. I am thankful for you, that I have enough to eat, a place to sleep. 



My card base is a standard A2 size (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches) and is made from white cardstock (probably 250 gsm or greater).  

  • I matted some coral pink pearlescent cardstock onto my card base followed by patterned paper.
  • I usually cut my mats 1/8 inch smaller than the previous mat. Therefore, my card base being 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches - my first mat is 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches.
  • The patterned paper is from Craft Consortium.
  • I pulled out an older Crafters Companion die and cut the oval from a pale green pearlescent cardstock (I thought it was white, but it wasn't LOL.)
  • I used a rose die from an Anna Griffin die set (Pop Up Bouquet Die Set) to cut my die. (I really like this die. It's got little thorns on the stem making it more realistic.)
    • First, from dark green specialty paper.
    • Second, from hot pink pearl card
  • I layered the pink rose onto the green.
  • I also cut out a flourish (from same die set) and layered it onto my card. 
  • I added the rose on top of the flourish.
  • I added an AG sentiment to finish.







 

I hope that you enjoyed today's card.  Please leave feedback. I'm always interested in what you might want to see!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lis

No comments: