Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Americana Rooster


One of the many things I love is Americana.  I love using rustic reds and blues in my work. Today's Americana piece features a rooster, symbol of the farm (my parents families were both farmers).
I chose to use a combination of light blue plaid and blue foil (like a Williamsburg blue) for my card.  I used the sticker foil for the bottom inside and then did a cut away for the front of my card using a scallop edge. I added blue plaid ribbon and two ribbons from French General (EK Success).  Although the line is called "French General" it has some really pretty lace and ribbon that fit perfectly with my Americana theme.  The red buttons are also from the French General collection. 


I cut out my label using the Coved Labels from Frantic Stamper from a red stripe paper I had.  I outlined the label in silver and added it to my card with mounting tape.

I cut my rooster from Wood Veneer paper (by Arc Crafts-paper backed).  It cuts like a charm.  I used Distress Stain in Walnut (Ranger) to color my rooster and also used Vintage Photo (also Distress Stain) to edge it.  I threw water droplets on it and dried it again to create the worn look you see.  I attached it to my red stripe label with mounting tape.


Now my card is all ready to send to my dad in New York!

I hope you enjoyed my card today!
Lis

No comments: