Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Thank You Very Much Card

 
 

I always think about making Christmas cards for the season but I don't often give much thought to making Thank You cards for the season.  That is what inspired this card.  I wanted a "winter  going into Spring" theme.  I grew up in upstate New York. It was a real celebration when the first blades of grass popped through the snow (mind you, winter was 6 months long for us).
 
I used Prima papers (Madeline Collection) for this card.  They are full of Spring-y flowers and designs.  I used one paper and tore it, inking the edges.  I glued it on top of the blue patterned paper.  It reminds me of the spring snow.
 
I used Frantic Stamper Precision dies including the Pussywillow Branch FRA-Die-09180  and the "Thank you very much" word die FRA-Die-09213.
 
The Pussy willow branch comes with one bird. On my card I used two branches, overlaid. I did a small amount of trimming to get the look I wanted.  I cut one of the birds off and glued it back on the other side where I wanted it.  I cut two birds out of red Stardream paper and added these on top.  (Where I grew up, we saw robins and cardinals in the Spring.)
 
 
I added the sentiment on the left without a backing. Beautiful, isn't it?
 
I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Lis

No comments: