Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Thinking of You Card




 


I wanted to send my sister a card just to say hello.  I don't get much of a chance to speak withe her because she's in New York and I'm in California!  My sister loves nature and has a dark green thumb!  I also wanted to try out some watercolor pencils that I bought and I thought this rose would be just the thing.

I saw this pretty scrapbook paper with a line rose on the side and thought I'd use that. I roughly colored the rose and leaves with the pencils (dry) then used a paintbrush (comes with) and plain water to fill it in, blend and smooth.  It was very easy.

I love burlap -it has such an interesting texture (and I love the brown color) layered burlap on one side and  and added the Frantic Stamper dies branch and bird.



I added some green crepe ribbon to match the leaves.



 

No comments: