Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wine Country Bracelet





I've had the Frantic Stamper Bottle die for a while and have been thinking of creating a piece of jewelry.  I like shrink plastic and have been experimenting lately with it again.  Each new die I use with shrink plastic does have it's own challenge.  This time I have learned that not all die cuts are created equal and each one has to be heated carefully if I want the finished product to come out right.
 
The bottle was easy to cut out of shrink plastic and heat shrink it.  To start I sanded the piece of shrink plastic so that it would hold color from chalk.  I then colored four sections, each representing a different kind of wine.  Then I cut out each bottle.  When I was heating each piece separately, I held my heat gun about 3-4 inches above my die cut so that the heat would go to the piece evenly.  I held my piece with some scissors (I really need to get a better tool for this!) As each piece shrinks, the color darkens.

I added some rub ons to decorate my bottles. Then I just added them to a chain for a bracelet.  I coiled some gold tone wire around the neck which does look pretty.
Notice that I used white rub ons for the purple bottle. I thought the color was too dark for black rub ons. I think this worked out perfectly.

I hope that you try this out with some of your dies!



 

No comments: