Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Beautiful - a Card






Beautiful French Country
by Lis Whiting



Roosters are popular right now and the Graphic 45 French Country Collection is full of them!  I love the beautiful reds with touches of green and blue.  I created this as a 6 x 6 card.  I started with a card base of kraft. It lended itself to the whole "countryside" feel.  I worked with the 8 x 8 pad.
There is a page with six different "cards" (I don't know what else to call them).  I cut one out to use as part of my cover. Since there are two sheets of each pattern, I cut out the stamps from the second sheet to layer onto my card below.


I added a Tim Holtz Idea-Ology trinket heart, painted in Fired Brick and tied with red bakers twine.  The heart is attached to the little tag.

All I had left to do was to add my ribbon and bow. I used a bright blue that matched (sort of) the feathers in the rooster's tail.


I hope that you liked my card. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: