Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Hearty Birthday Wish



My sister's birthday is coming up this week and I wanted to make her a few very special cards.  She loves the Victorian style so I chose Anna Griffin paper and a pretty Happy Birthday sentiment.  I used two oval dies (comes from a doily set by Hot Off the Press - their line is called Paper Artist.  I like these dies = they cut nicely.)  The doily is cut from grey suede paper.

I didn't even cover the front of my card (ivory card base).  I punched a pattern from gold card and added it to the bottom of my card.


For the inside of my card, I added the Anna Griffin paper and edged it in gold.  I added my little sentiment tag.  On the left I added some transparency and covered the glue dots I used with white lacy Dazzles.  I added a swirl of bling to finish.

Here is a close up of my little tag.  Its so pretty.

Thank you as always for stopping by and adding your comments which I always read and appreciate.

Lis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lis, this is a very intricate and beautifully designed card. Your sister will treasure your gift! I recently received the new AG dIes, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Rozy

trisha too said...

Lovely, so lacy and pretty!

:)