Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Romance Heart Card





Purple Suede Heart Card
by Lis Whiting
I've had some gorgeous purple suede paper for a month or so thinking of what I wanted to do with it.  I have made a few cards and here is my first one!
Suede paper is a specialty paper.  It has a pile, or fuzzy texture.  The backing is like paper although that doesn't adequately describe it.  Suede paper is very rich looking and very touchable.
Suede paper can be cut, punched (not too detailed), die cut, embossed, painted on - pretty much anything goes.

I started with a piece of suede paper about 5 x 5 inches.  I carefully folded it in half - with the back side showing and without creasing it.  I drew a half heart on the back side and then cut it out.  I chose a swirl embossing folder and embossed the front of the suede paper heart. (Suede paper takes embossing really well.)  I took red liner tape and lined the back side and added the folded ribbon - half pink, half white. ( The ruffled trim I used was some that I have had for a while.  Maya Road also has pleated trim that can be used for this project. 
I chose two beautiful papers from Bo Bunny's Isabella Collection (lots of pinks and greys - just gorgeous) and matted them together. I added a dark purple cardstock behind them. I thought the card front still needed something so I took some music patterned paper and tore a piece. I glued it across my card front.
I mounted the heart with mounting tape after I added the crystal swirls.  I attached two purple paper roses with glue dots.
I hope you enjoyed this very romantic and fancy card.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: