Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Birches - a Christmas Card




Hi everyone!  I am sitting here trying not to type on my kitty's tail as she lays across my desk (what can I say, I love her! But she's not spoiled...oh no!)

Today's card is one that I made for my sister to use.  I just got this cutting die of birch trees and found a paper (Bo Bunny) to match.  I wanted to share the link to Frantic Stamper so you can see the die close up. I didnt realize she carried so many different kinds of birch dies.  This one is my favorite though - Taylored Expressions Birch Die
I cut my birch using gold glitter card stock.  To mount, I used foam tape.  There were so many little holes that I didn't bother to be careful with my foam tape.  Instead, once I completed adding my foam tape, I looked for any that were showing through the little "birch" holes and added some fine gold glitter to cover them up.  It worked perfectly.
I used the following:
  • White plain card stock for my card base (I used 8 1/2 x 11 inches which doesn't work well for 6 x 6 cards so I matted my card front on one piece, trimmed it with about a 2 inch back flap. I punched a design in this flap. Then I cut the back of my card from a separate piece of white card. I glued the two pieces together to get my 6 x 6 card base.  The flap made a beautiful inside border at the top of my card.
  • Dark blue suede & medium blue stardream papers for my mats
  • Tim Holtz Idea-Ology embellishments including the ice skates (arent' they just too cute!) and the word tag
  • The two ribbons are from one set: Petaloo Fancy Trims Glitz Assortment All Teal
  • A small crochet doily (You can get an assortment from We R Memory Keepers - see Frantic Stamper.com)
  • Dazzles by Hot off the Press for the borders



Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

1 comment:

ddazzled71 said...

Lis I love the use of the birch trees for your background and main focal image, the sparkly gold looks fabulous. I've sent a couple of emails to you of late just wanting to check how you are traveling in regards to your DT commitments for Unruly and would love to hear from you. Thanks Danie xx