Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fantasy Flowers Part 2


Hi and I hope you are having a good weekend -keeping cool at least!  Here is my second fantasy floral card made with molding paste and a stencil.  Today's card is misted with blue Delusion spray.  The design sits on a dark brown card stock and matted on blue with a white card base.


Close Up!

I added gold pearl swirls under the purple/blue ribbon.  Instead of pearls like my first card, I used baby blue jewels (and a few dark blue) and some lime green for the leaves.

This picture gives you a good idea of the thickness of the molding paste.  It is a little rough around the edges.  Stencils are thin and I wanted to see if I could get a thicker stenciled design by spreading a thicker coat over the stencil.  I was successful...to a point.

Remember that all kinds of things can be used for stencils.  You can punch a design in a heavy cardstock and use that as your stencil.  I've done this and it worked really well.

Hope you liked my cards this weekend!

Lis






No comments: