Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pink & Brown Shabby Chic Style Card

Today's card is made in a shabby chic style. (It's supposed to be. I looked up shabby chic on google.  I hope I came close!)

I made this card using brown cardstock as my card base and added burlap (such a great texture) and pink suede paper (another great texture).  The suede paper is border punched on one side and on the other I used a Sizzix die (On the Edge Doily) for the other.  The pink suede paper is backed with plain cardstock.

The card opens from the right side.  The brown card that you see on the right is the inside of the card.  The front is the doily only.





Close Up!

I think buttons are an underused embellishment.  I myself don't use them as often as I probably should. The buttons I used on this card are from the French General Collection.  I'm not sure that the pictures do them justice.  They are just beautiful!





Isn't this ribbons cool?  Unfortunately i can't remember where I got it. I bought a yard from someone (possibly SkyBluePink).  I love the wrinkly-ness of it.  The charm was from a pack that was given to me by my girlfriend.  She found them at Tuesday Morning for a buck!


This is a close up of the pink suede paper cut out with the doily die from Sizzix/Tim Holtz.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lis



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of the rustic fibers and the delicate die cut!