Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Monochromatic Cards with Handmade Papers

I bought this little booklet of handmade papers a while ago in Michaels and hadn't used them yet (what a surprise).  So I took them out and pickedc out a couple of papers that I liked.  I matched the colors and voila!~note cards.

I like to have a few spare cards around so that I can use them when I don't have a lot of time to make something which happens once in a while.  I like the cards below because, although they are for different events, they have the same layout.  I can wrap up several of these and give them as a gift.  Who doesn't need a few cards?


Because the colors of the papers were so rich I decided to use some specialty papers also.  In this case foiled card stock.

I used Stardream card stock below and matted both cards on dark brown card stock.

(OK.  Who has trouble finding really good quality rich brown card stock?  Or a rich blue?  I did.  I found this company called The Paper Mill.  They carry NEENAH & their CLASSIC LINEN line.  I love this line and have used it for years ever since I discovered it at Kellys Paper - you might have a store near you.  It comes in "cover" (an alias for card stock) in ivory, white, red and my all time favorite black (Epic Black for those of you who are curious).  I had always wanted to get the Patriot Blue and some Canyon Brown but before I discovered this store they only came in parent sheets (parent sheets are those huge long sheets that you have to cut up.  I didnt want to do that. Well, The Paper Mill does carry Patriot Blue in 8 1/2 x 11.  Unfortunately they didnt carry it that size in Canyon Brown BUT they did carry it in half sheets SO I purchsed the half sheets and had them cut it down to 8 1/2 x 11.  I got delivery this past week....yipee!  You all might think I'm crazy but I DO LOVE THIS PAPER line!  The "linen" part is the embossed linen pattern in the paper.  Its very delicate so its not overbearing.  The feel of the card stock is wonderful and they make really superb card bases.  Warning: its not easy stamping on this because of the linen embossing but it does make it look distressed.  There is also Bazzill and their "linen" embossed line but its much heavier than Neenah's.  Anyway - I didnt mean to go on about paper...but well I just love it!)


Thanks for stopping by!

Lis

No comments: