Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Birthday Card


Hi everyone!  I was working LATE last night - I put in about 16 hours working on some things to resolve problems.  Boy I'm tired!  But its well worth it!

Today's card is one that I made for my boss' birthday.  I wanted to make her a card that had a flower cluster (my first one!).  I got the idea from PopsCards. I found her cards to be really great.  I found out from her where she got her paper flowers because I loved the heather she used in her sprays.  Believe it or not I went online and ordered some for myself too - straight from ENGLAND!!  (Ive had the flowers for a while , while I figured out how I wanted to use them.) Do you think I was a little too focused? Of course not! LOL 

Anyway, here is the result.  I really worked hard on this first card because it was going to someone special (my boss is a great lady.  very knowledgeable and supportive).


Close Up!
Here is a clsoe up of the spray itself.  All are handmade paper flowers.  I cut the middle out of the center flower and replaced with a lilac glass pearl.  I edged the large rose with clear glitter.  Everything was attached using a hot glue gun. (the leaves are actually those that are used by Wilton in decorating cakes)

Here is a look at the heather. I used German gold foil beneath.


I used two different embossing folders in this.  The green card stock is Bazzill Bling.

Hope you liked my card!

Lis


No comments: