Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Merry Christmas Shaker Card

Today's card includes a shaker component!


First I made my window.  Simple with Frantic Stamper Precision dies - the pattern below is a single die. 
Steps:
  • Used a Precision die to cut the window pattern out of the front of my ivory cardstock base
  • I used the same die to cut a window pattern out of some beautiful purple patterned cardstock (Graphic 45)
  • I ripped my purple paper into two sections and attached with glue stick
The shaker box:
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Memory Capsule (small fits the one inch window perfectly)
  • I cut a square of dark green paper for the back
  • I added a pinch of Mica Snow to my capsule
  • I sealed it with Glossy Accents
  • I opened up my card, added some glossy accents around the edge of the window I was using and glued the shaker box/capsule in

  • Embossed some gold foil paper with snowflake pattern and used this to back the windows
  • I decorated with some Festive Greenery (die) in green foil paper.



Close Up!

I love these Dazzles!  They have a glittery gold in them.

Here is a close up of the shaker. Very simple with Tim Holtz technique!  I filled it with Mica Snow.

You can see the embossed gold foil background I used.  I made the snowflake myself with a punched snowflake in ivory cardstock and then added pearls.


Come back again for more Christmas card ideas!
Lis

No comments: