Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Poinsettia


I started out today wanting to make a window card which I kind of did.  I ended up with a window as a backdrop for a center ornament. I thought it turned out quite nice.

I started out with what you see below. I know the cut out of the window looks dirty but its because I photographed it against some dark items. That's the shadow. 

I do like how the gold dazzles came out. I have recently become addicted to using them.


I used two sizes of precision die squares.  This was run through my cuttlebug three times to get the cuts.

Now for the card!




I colored the poinsettia leaves with Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough.


Close Up!

I used Stickles glitter glue on top of the leaves (I rubbed them in with my finger) to get the sparkle.  I made the poinsettia using Tim Holtz Poinsettia die. Each layer is foam taped to add dimension.




I hope you enjoyed my card.  Come back again!
Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous and elegant poinsettia! Beautifully done!