Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Coloring Embossed Patterned Paper

I was sitting looking at some paper I bought.  It had this very pretty resist embossed design on kraft.  Unfortunately it looked flat.  So, I took my distress markers and started coloring.

Below on the right was the card I started with.  On the left is the same card, colored.  Pretty cool, huh?
I colored over the lines (the embossed parts will resist the color) & I used a paper towel to BLOT up the excess ink.  This left the kraft paper colored. (Not a new technique I know, but nice to see again).


The kraft paper muted the colors I was using so I needed to use darker colors to get them to show up. I used my darkest colors (blues) on one of the center designs as my focal point.

So, pull out some of your embossed papers and try a little coloring.

Lis

No comments: