Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Gold Framed Collage Card

Hi everyone! Happy May to you all (soon to be June...wow! )

I had some leftover die cut tags that I bought from 7 Gypsies and didn't know what to do with them. So, I decided to do a collage card and decorate the front with the tags! 

I really got stuck sometimes when I am trying to create a card or other project.  I have these leftovers - and there is only so much serendipity paper I can make.  This card was simple and turned out really pretty!  I think I'm going to use this technique again soon!
I added the gold frame which added some elegance to my card.  I had an orangy flower and have been looking at it for quite some time wondering what I was going to do with it.  Several times I thought "I'm never going to use this, I should throw it away." But I resisted the urge. (Have you ever felt that way? LOL I bet you have!)



You can see the true colors of the card in the angled picture below. (I don't know what I do when the coloring happens.  <sigh>)

Close Up!

Bakers Twine is very popular and fairly inexpensive. I am glad there are several colors to choose from.  The twine gives that down to earth feel.

Here is a close up of a corner of the gold die cut and the background. You can see the collage of tags in the background.


Here is my flower that I thought I was never going to use.

Take care! See you next time!

Lis

No comments: