Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hi everyone!  I hope that you have all had a great weekend!  We had a little bit of a heat wave here in California for a couple of days so it didn't really feel like fall to me.  But I have gotten over that and was inspired tonite and so here is my....

Happy Halloween Card!

The colors look a little washed out in the pictures.  The actual card stock color for the pumpkins are a little darker.  I am really stuck on the EK Success multipunches. These have been so much fun to play with.  The layering is so easy too!


I used mounting tape on the leaves, pumpkins and banner.


Close Up!

Isn't this a great banner?  I used the Tim Holtz banner die.  It's so cool because it gives you a number of banners on one die.  I love the old, torn look too.  Here I edged the banner first in persimmon and then carefully edged it again - just the very edges- in gathered twigs.


Here is a good look at the layering I did.  I used a dark purple for the leaf (both bottom and middle layer). I used dark brown for the veining. (And yes, the veining is part of the punch!)

I used gold glossy for the background and dark orange for the top.  I edged all the squares in either persimmon or the purple color of Tim's fall colors.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you enjoyed looking at this card as much as I did making and sharing it!  Take care and come again!

Lis

No comments: