Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Tea Bag Folding Home Embellishments for Cards!

Hi everyone and welcome to the weekend!  This weekend I would like to share with you some TEA BAG FOLDING cards.

No, we are not going to fold tea bags (I wonder if that's how this got started...)

Tea Bag folding is not a new art form. In fact, it's been around a long time.  The essence of tea bag folding is to take a square of paper and make folds.  The folds create a design.  When several of these folded squares are put together, they make medallions.

Today's Card: You Are Loved  using the Simple Star Fold
                      (See below for step by step photo instructions.)



Close up!
To make the petals for my medallion stand out a little more I took some Vintage Photo distress ink and edged the outside of the medallion AND also a little of the overlap as well. When I inked the edges, I allowed the points of the star to curl.



Simple Star Fold
  • The completed piece contains 8 folded squares.  Each square has five folds. (Remember that you can change the size of your finished medalion simply by using a larger or smaller square of paper.)






  • For the photo showing the first two pieces being placed together , I used one plain piece and one patterned paper piece so that you could see better how the two pieces would go together.  You will note that the white piece fits into the slit of the other piece.


Here is my finished star.  You will notice that in this medallion, I have a hole in the center, most finished medallions do not.  In order to get a great fit, you need to fold accurately. 


I hope that you liked today's card. I hope that you will try this simple fold and make your own tea bag card!  See you tomorrow for another great fold!

Lis

No comments: