Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Imagine Butterfly Card

I think that this weekend my mind was on butterflies subconsciously.  It seems that both my cards have butterflies as part of the card!

Today's card is a bit more mainstream.

I started out with a lavender/lilac card base (Bazzill of course).  I layered coordinating patterned papers from K&Company. The center section is a layer (1 inch) of brown patterned paper and then a K&Company border that has glitter on it.  I added the word IMAGINE to the bottom. (I have had these acrylic words for a while and have been trying to find ways of using them.)



I love Stardream papers.  They shimmer and glisten and come in lots of colors.  My butterflies are made out of lilac and pink stardream paper.  I punched out the butterfly design in each colors.  I placed the dark lilac as the base and glued the center of the pink butterfly to the lilac center.  I let this dry and then glued the lilac wings down to my card (I didnt put glue in the center, just the wings. This way I didnt have to worry about glue showing.)  I added a lilac jewel to the center of each butterfly.

 Close Up!


I did try to place the jewel toward the top of the butterfly and not exactly in the middle.




I hope that you liked this card!  If you did, leave a comment!

Thanks for your time and come back soon!

Lis

No comments: