Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Alice - An Old Fashioned Card

Hello and Happy Friday everyone!  I have taken today off and am working on some cards to share with you this weekend.

Today I'd like to share with you "Alice".

I have several CD's filled with clip art showing old victorian images and photos of people.  I often wonder what their lives were like, who they were and what became of them.  In some way we are immortalizing them by using them in art such as the piece below.  I do my best to use these images respectfully.

The background of this card was done with the new 7 Gypsies Tissue Paper. There are several choices and all are beautiful.  The tissue paper I chose is a collage of birds and bird cages mixed with postage cancellations and music.

I ran the front of my card base through my Xyron, laying down an even layer of glue.  It was very easy to add the tissue by tearing pieces off and applying them to my card.

The frames and the picture were cut from one of the Spellbinders Labels. (I love the labels they have!  There are a number of styles and you get 5-8 sizes of one style in each package which is great for layering.)




I added ivory beading around the edge of the largest frame and four pearls as accents.


I love this green ribbon.  The colors of the card are browns/blacks. The green ribbon really shows through the monochromatic color scheme.


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  See you again soon!

Lis

No comments: