Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bathing Beauty

Happy Saturday everyone!
I wanted to show you all a quick technique to tone down really loud and busy papers.

I am using a large flowery paper with bright roses.  I am also using a beige striped paper. 

I punched a pattern strip using a Martha Stewart Deep Edger Punch.  This type of punch doesn't cut a design into the paper, it actually cuts the design from the paper. You end up with a separate strip border.  This is really nice because you can make it as long or short as you want.  I added one strip at a time to my card mat.  I trimmed everything once I covered the front.

The effect is pretty cool.  The patterned paper is really toned down but I can still see the colors.  The punched design reminds me of wicker for some reason.  It makes me think of the beach.


I added a dark pink ribbon and a brass heart charm to finish off my card.



Here is a close up of the pattern I punched.


Thanks for stopping by!

Lis

No comments: