Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scroll Heart Punch Embossed and Faux Sealing Wax(Kaarten met scroll heart punch)

Hi everyone!

Today's project:

As you can see, I used the scroll heart punch on gold glossy that was embossed.  The wider design allows the embossing to really show. I used a smaller design which also helped.





Now for something old but new:  Faux sealing wax

Did you notice the center of the card?  It is made from a hot glue gun faux sealing wax that is actually colored hot glue.

The faux sealing wax comes in sticks as you can see below.  There are many colors to choose from including metallic colors like gold and silver.
 I used a Krafty Lady Mould and my glue gun to add the faux wax (hot glue) to my mould. I let it cool and voila! ( I have added the Krafty Lady site to my favorite websites in case you want to look at her moulds.)

 You will notice that there are some pits in this result.  this comes from bubbles. I liked the look so I didn't do it over.  You have to be careful when adding the glue to the mould because it is very thick and so any bubbles do not easily rise to the top.

I added my moulded torso to the card below. I used Tim Holtz Rosette die also.  It came out very nice.



See you next week!




No comments: