Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2022

HOPE Card

 Hope Card


Good Morning Friends!

Today's card is heart shaped. 



I created this card with a Crafters Companion die set. This is from their Create a Card collection.  It came with several nested heart dies as well as the fancy decorative dies.

I die cut my base card from white cardstock. 
To create the card:
  • Fold a piece of white cardstock in half.
  • Position the heart die so that part of the cutting edge hangs over the edge of the folded/creased side.
  • You can make any shaped card you want, using this technique.
  • Once cut, the heart will have a small flat section on one side.  All you have to do is die cut a heart out of one sheet of cardstock and layer it on top of your card base. Now your heart is shaped correctly.  I chose to die cut my heart from some beautiful dark purple pearlescent cardstock (Crafters Companion Masquerade Ball Collection).

I used the next size heart die to cut the patterned paper.  I used the central fancy hear decoration and cut that from gold mirrorcard.  I also cut the smallest heart from gold mirrorcard.  I cut the sentiment (Paper Wishes) from dark purple pearlescent cardstock.

I layered everything to the front of my card.  I added a purple heart and some gold leaves to the inside for decoration.




 


When my mom was alive, she would always tell me to finish the inside of my cards.  That has stuck with me and is why I add designs to the insides of most of my cards.




One last look.


I hope you all have a great Sunday!


Thanks for stopping by!  Lis

No comments: