Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Purse Cards... So Cute!

 Purse Cards


Welcome my friends!


Today I made a purse card.

Anna Griffin sold a purse die that cut a cute purse to make a shaped card.  I am embarrassed that I've had that die for so long and haven't used it yet.  So, today is THE day! (I have a feeling that some of you know how I feel.)

Here are the two finished cards. One was made with teal blue (left) and the other one in a dark pink (right).

This card is approximately A2 sized.  I used an Anna Griffin die to cut the basic shape for my cards.  This is a single die that is used to cut the entire purse. 
  • I used deep pink and teal blue cardstock for my card bases.
  • I used some white shimmer paper to cut the top half of the purse card. It had a crocodile pattern on it and I thought It would look cute.
  • I cut the purse again from gold mirror card (top portion only to get the "fasteners" for my cards. 
  • I chose some patterned paper and cut this also using the purse die.  The paper was 6x6 so I couldnt cut the entire purse.  So, I came up with a pocket for the inside for a gift card with the leftover paper.
I cut the word HAPPY from gold mirror card (twice, one for each card), and cut the layering piece from the pink and the teal to match the cards.

I cut some leaves (Diamond Press) to add to my purses. I used some gold line Dazzles (Paper Wishes) for the outside and inside of my cards.

Putting the card together:
  • I layered the patterned paper onto my card front. 
  • I adhered the white shimmer paper to the top of my cards. 
  • I added "HAPPY" to the front of my cards.  
  • I adhered the gold fastener pieces to my cards and then added buttons. 
  • I added some leaves to the front of my cards.






Hope you enjoyed this.

Thanks for stopping by! Lis


No comments: