Pages

Friday, May 20, 2022

Funky Shaker Card

Funky Shaker Card


Hello Friends!

So, the front of THIS card is made with the waste from my other project.


I like to use the waste from die cutting.  I made a paper Cookie Jar for my nephew (he's graduating college in June). I didn't want to just send him a card. (Scroll to the end to see the cookie jar I made.)

You will need:
  • Paper: Tonic Studios Blue Obsidian Satin effect mirror cardstock, white/gold sheen pearlescent cardstock, gold mirror card
    • Cardstock for the sequins: blue mirror, gold mirror, iridescent mirror, blue iridescent mirror
  • Dies: Crafters Companion (CC) Confetti Die (Circles), sentiment die
  • Tools: paper trimmer, scissors, bone folder and scoring board
  • Blue twine
  • Dazzles Gold Lines from Paper Wishes
I cut my white pearlescent cardstock to 8 1/2 inches x 7 inches. I folder this in half the long way and bone folded to create my base slimline card.
To make my shaker card:
  • I took my blue panel (which was already cut with many "windows") and glued a strip of acetate to the back.
  • I added strips of foam all the way around the perimeter, making sure not to leave any space. I did this again as I needed a double layer.
    • I also added several 1 inch strips up the center of the panel so it could be well-supported.
  • I cut my sequins using the confetti die (CC).  I carefully placed the sequins onto my card base, making sure that the sequins were fanned out but not near the edge of my card.
  • I placed the blue panel over my card and adhered it to my card front with the foam strips* that were on the back of the panel.
  • I made a tag from leftover white pearlescent card.  I cut the sentiment from gold mirror and attached it to the tag. I adhered the tag to the card.
  • I tied a bow using some blue hemp twine. I glued the bow to the tag.
  • I added some gold Dazzles to finish my card.
*I just have to say that I didn't cut strips of foam! Scrapbook.com has foam strips. They are 1/8 inch wide x 9 inches long.  This is luxury! Here's the link if you are curious: Adhesive (scrapbook.com) 


Here is the Cookie Jar that I made for my nephew (Tonic Studio Dies). I think it came out pretty good. It's about 5-6 inches tall. All the little pieces I cut for the lid were from that one piece of blue mirror card.





No comments: