Pages

Friday, May 20, 2022

A Welcome Back with a Thank You Card!

 Hi everyone,  

I have been away awhile.  I am going to start posting again! Yea!


THANK YOU CARD


This card was made with the following supplies:
  • Papers
    • Pearlescent copper, yellow
    • Gold Mirror card
    • Champagne Glitter card
    • Shades of Red (3) cardstock (standard)
  • Glue, Sticky Roll or other adhesive similar to Xyron, and foam squares
  • Spellbinders ColorBlock Mini Die Set (Mini Crosses)
  • Spellbinders Stacked Decorative Edges (THANK YOU sentiment)
  • Paper Trimmer, scissors, die cutting machine, embossing folder


These are such fun dies. There are two dies. One is a die to cut the mat (onto which you adhere the design), and the "design" die. This second die cuts all the nested pieces.

1. I cut each paper with the design die four times to get my pieces. 

2. I cut the mat die out of red. (I didn't use white as I thought the background might show.)

3. I chose different colors for each piece I was going to create.  It helps to have them chosen and laid out in order before beginning to adhere the pieces to the base.  I used glue but I will probably use adhesive next time to make it a cleaner process.

4. I assembled my card:
  • I cut the yellow cardstock to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.
  • I cut the copper cardstock to 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches. I embossed these with an embossing folder.
  • I cut one additional piece of yellow cardstock to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches, embossed it and set it aside.
I adhered the copper card strips to form a square. Then I cut from the outer corner to the inner corner to make my corners mitered. I adhered these to my card, leaving a 1/8 inch border around my card base.

I adhered the smaller yellow card to the center of my card and on top of the copper card.

I positioned nine of my completed pieces in the center of my card. I carefully removed the first piece and added glue, then re-adhered it to my card.  I did the same with all the pieces.

I cut my sentiment from copper card and cut a background layer from gold mirror card.  I added these to the center of my card with foam squares. I added a yellow acrylic gem to either end.




 I hope that you enjoyed this card!

Thanks for stopping by, Lis



No comments: