Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas...a card

Hi everyone!
 
Today's card is using a new discovery for me in paper.  It's called satin finish (I'm sure that I'm the only one who didn't know about this...LOL)  I hope you get an idea of what this beautiful paper looks like (actually its card stock).  The finish is a brushed satin/shimmer look but without the sparkle of shimmer paper.  The color and finish remind me of the same on glass Christmas ornaments (not the shiny ones).
 
 
I made this card for a stamping friend of mine.
 


Items used:
  • Create and Craft Satin Board (comes in a package of 30 - click HERE)
    • Bold Colors in blue, red and gold
  • White card stock for the card base
  • Tattered Lace snowy corner die
  • Hot off the Press Paper Artist Dies -Christmas ornament and word
  • Bow - Anna Griffin (from a kit I have)
  • Bo Bunny blue crystals


Here's a look at the corner die cut (sorry for the blurry image).  I added blue gems to the snowflake centers.  I love the distressed look it has.



Here is the ornament.  I cut out the ornament and then glued it onto the red satin board and cut it out.  Then I foam tape mounted it onto my card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lis

No comments: