Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Thinking of You Card

 
Today's card is a simple card design.

Items used:
  • white card stock for card base
  • purple vellum (paper and more.com)
  • Martha Stewart Beaded Border Punch
  • Lavender grosgrain ribbon with purple stitching
  • Gold Word Dazzles from Hot off the Press
  • Double stick adhesive tape

I took a 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch sheet of purple vellum and folded it in half to cover both the front and back of my card (like an overlay).  I punched the border design in the bottom front half of my card only. 
You're not going to believe this but I used plain old double stick adhesive tape to adhere my vellum piece to my card base.  I placed one strip on the top on each side of my card and added the vellum.  It doesn't show I guess because the purple is slightly less translucent.  At any rate I was pleasantly surprised.  (I did the tape thing on the back of my card and when I didn't see anything I added it to the front also.)

I added my ribbon and a sentiment and the card was done.  This is a nice card design for when I have to make a card quickly.

Take care, Lis
 

No comments: