Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Colored Plates - an embossed and inked card

Hi everyone!  Today's card is one that I've been planning on making for a while.  I have this embossing folder with a really pretty design in it.  I didn't really know what to do with it so Ive been looking at it for a while.  I decided to just make it the focal (I know that this is probably easy for many of you but for me this was hard to see the vision for some reason - could be that my muse took a vacation and didn't tell me! LOL)
 
I used some distress inks (wild honey, burgundy and black I think) to color in the edges.  Th paper is ivory cardstock.  The embossing is colored with Archival ink in black.


Here's a nice close up of the embossed image and coloring.  I added some water droplets for aging.  That always looks nice for the old fashioned look.

I also added some gold vellum.  (I have had this vellum for years and years. I'm so glad that I saved it!  I love the transluscent gold color.  It reminds me very much of the gold shimmer paper from the Stardream brand (is that Neenah? I can't remember)  Anyway I embossed the vellum and added it to the corner.

I added brown grosgrain ribbon and a little metal key with a garment pin at the top and also down the right side of the card (that covers a line). 
You will also notice that the background is done in canvas. Its a natural fiber. Its nice seeing these on the market now.

Thanks for stopping by.
Lis

No comments: