Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wanderlust..a collage card

 

  
I love to travel and that's why I made today's card.  I have this beautiful 5 x 6 inch stamp of a map and I love using it in backgrounds and collages (like today's card which is 6 x 5 1/2nches!).
 
I created my map by stamping in black ink (Archival Ink by Ranger) on white card stock.  Then I added a translucent pink sparkle sticker sheet (new from Frantic Stamper) over top.  As you can see, the stamped image comes through clearly while the pink sticker sheet makes this a truly beautiful image adding glitter and a pink shade. What's particularly wonderful about this sparkle sheet is that it is smooth and the glitter doesn't come off.  if I tried to stamp on regular glitter sheet or card stock, it would not come out sharp at all. Even with the smooth glitter sheets, the glitter and color would overpower the image.  As you can see here, everything is crystal (or should I say sparkle) clear.

The picture does not do this pink sparkly card justice The glittery look is fabulous. I hope that you can pick up the glitter look. I tried to take different pictures as different angles for you.

Do you see the flower below?  These are two Frantic Stamper dies called Petite Leaves and Petite Layering Flowers. These dies are wonderful. It is a single square die with several sizes of flowers (or leaves) an several each size - all on one die.  I've had a lot of fun with them.
 
I completed this collage card with some paper flowers ad a couple of chipboard embellishments.

 
I hope you enjoyed my card today!

  Lis

No comments: