Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fall Card

Hi everyone!  When I make a card, I tend to cut a few of the same thing. That leaves me extra to play around with.  Not the most efficient way to tell the truth. But I was playing around with some spare parts today and came up with this card.

  • writing embossing folder (Sizzix) (on gold foil card)
  • birch tree die (Frantic Stamper) (cut from copper Stardream paper)
  • Embossing strip (Sizzix)
  • Letters Basic Grey
  • Flowers (?)



I used a black card for my base and mounted the gold foil card with the embossed writing on it. This is a square 4x4 inches which I normally don't do.  The birch die is actually wider than the card. I adhered it to the gold embossing and then trimmed it before adding to my card.

 
 
I don't normally use the embossing folders that are those thin ones that only do edges but I did this time (my first actually).  It worked out very nicely!.  I embossed onto gold Stardream paper (Shimmer paper) and then cut into two lengths to add to my card. I was going to cut the normal two-point banner end but wanted to do something different so I used a small circle punch to create a different end to my pieces.

 
Another view:


Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

No comments: