Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Spring! a card

 

Hi everyone!  I have been enjoying the Spring weather out here in California.  It's been so nice and cool in the evenings.  It has inspired me to do a colorful Spring card!   pulled out all the stops for this cheery and colorful Spring card.  The card base is a lively dark pink with a mat of light pink edged in gold. I added a strip of matted purple (on dark pink!) and hung my banners from that. 
My "banners" were cut from the Frantic Stamper labels. I cut the sides off each and one end.  I also embossed them with different springtime designs like flowers and leaves.  I used some glimmer paper in lavender and lime and an orange patterned paper. (If you were reading this without having seen the picture, I wonder what you'd be thinking right now!  "She's lost it!"?)
I got my banners onto my card and felt it needed a little more. So, I added some flowers with white pearls in the centers.  I decided on bakers twine in purple and a strip of white doily Dazzles at the bottom of the card.  In all, the card really only took me about ten minutes!  I love these inspired moments!
Thanks for stopping by!  Lis



 

No comments: