Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Four Panel Screen Card Asian Theme



Hi and welcome!  I call today's card a four panel screen card.  it's got four panels and reminds me of one of those separator screens that one sometimes uses in a room (or even one of those Victorian ones that the woman stands behind and undresses in the movies).  Anyway, I found a great way to create these cards EASILY from my Stampin Up Demonstrator France Martin.  Thank you Frenchie!

This is the front of my card.  I started with an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock.  I made a score line horizontally at 2 3/4, 5 1/2 and 8 1/4.  These will be the fold lines.  Since the panels are rectangles, it's easy to measure and then cut the pieces to decorate. 

The bottom is done with a punch!
 
 
This is the inside of my card. I used a Frantic Stamper word die and dazzles to decorate.  The paper I used was Yuzen Washi paper.

I also punched a design at the top of my panel card (Martha Stewart border punch).  It would be easy to use a steel rule die such as one of the Tim Holtz On the Edge dies.  Since its a steel rule die, just fold the entire card up and cut all at once.

 
Have fun!  These cards are truly addicting to make!
 
Lis
 

No comments: