Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Steampunk Balloons

 
I don't know what my attraction for gears and all things steampunk...but I LOVE it!  Today's card features hot air balloons (I believe the paper is from Bo Bunny), some flowers (Petaloo) and some gears and a Hot Air Balloon pin (Petaloo) (I love that pin!)
 
This card is actually pretty simple to make.  I used a bright yellow card base and added the patterned paper to it.  I added a strip of patterned paper from Sweet Sentiments (Graphic 45, another fav of mine).
 
I layered the flowers and added my pin.  Usually when I add a pin, I stick it through some mounting tape from other things I'm adding to my card. In this card I wasn't using any mounting tape. All the flowers are glue dotted. 
 
 
So, I cut a square of mounting tape stuck he pin through it and then stuck the pin on my card.  it works quite well.  To keep anyone from getting stuck on the sharp end, I stuck the point through my mat piece of paper and then glued it all to my card.
I added a safety pin (one of those that doesn't have the double circle at the bottom) to my gear and put the pin around the hat pin.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed visiting today!  Thank you to everyone who visits my blog!  I always appreciate you!
 
Lis
 


No comments: