Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lavender Butterfly


I love to use butterflies on my cards. They make a great 3-D addition and add a bit of whimsy to any card.  (As I'm sitting here looking at the top of my card...wouldn't this make a pretty decoration for the top of a box or gift?)
 
I have several butterfly dies.  After Rozy made all those butterflies, I decided that I wanted to make a card or two (see the Frantic Stamper Facebook post on 5-12-14) using the FS dies.
I wanted my card to be non-traditional. I started with a black and white striped paper added to an ivory card base.  I added some patterned lavender paper which I also used to cut out the intricate butterfly.  I also used one of the new photo card sets (ADORE).  I only used the photo card itself and cut it twice; once in gold glossy and once in gold shimmer.  I took the cut-outs and added them back into the gold glossy and added to my card.  This is the anchor for my pretty butterfly.
 
To keep the paper theme going, I used the solid butterfly die to cut out a gold glossy butterfly which became the bottom layer.  I put the lavender butterfly on top.
I added some bling and some ribbon to finish. 
 
I love the way this card turned out with the vertical and horizontal lines.
 



 

 

No comments: