Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Love Thoughts Card

I've seen some really beautiful shabby chic cards and scrapbook pages that have flower sprays.  I've not done a spray so I wanted to do one on a card.  I added a little bit of steam punk to it also.

I like how this card turned out.  There's a lot to see with the flowers and the brass charms I added.  I used some acrylic flowers as well as paper and ribbon flowers.



Close Up!

There;'s a lot of dimension to this card!



I loved adding all the different brass charms.

Most everything was glued to the card using a hot glue gun. I used pop dots (thick glue dots) for the heart, glasses and top hat because the charms were not flat on the back and I didn't think that hot glue would work well.

I was going to use an old photo on the gold glossy but decided to use this old typewriter stamp.  I slit the top and added embossed pink card stock with :love thoughts" in dazzles on it. (Isn';t the little gold heart cute?)

I ran across these Roman numerals (I think from Prima).  I love clocks, numbers and gears!

One last look!

 

I hope you enjoyed my card today!

Lis

No comments: