Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time Flies - a Steampunk Card

I've been working with embossing folders and metals lately and wanted to use them in a card. I also had some odds and ends and wanted to challenge myself to make a card using them. 






Close Up!

I've had this die cut label for months. (It was blank and cut out of white.) I decided to stamp it with  a pocket watch and then with newspaper print. I wanted part of my dial to be blank so I made a mask to block off part of the clock face.  I have these large acrylic bubbles and I used one on the clock face which magnified it.
The label looked too busy when I finished stamping so I outlined it in silver to tone down the type.

Instead of covering my card completely with the metallic tape, I used two strips, one at the bottom and a thin strip at the top.  I then embossed the whole card.  I used the new Ranger Distress Paints on them, wiping away most of the color except what stayed in the embossed parts.

This angle really shows the dimension of the card.



I hope you enjoyed my card. Come back again soon.

Lis



No comments: