Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Basket of Flowers Card

Hi everyone and welcome to JUNE!  I once read that as one gets older, the days and months go faster.  Boy is that true for me!  I seem to be speeding through my life and I don't want to do that. So many commitments to meet, so many things to do!  It's really hard.

So, today I decided to make a card using Bo Bunny's Serenity papers.  I was watching a program on Japan last night and they talked about Chi and the balance one has to have in life.  It makes a lot of sense.

Basket of Flowers:

As I said I used Serenity Papers from Bo Bunny.  At first I was going to make a Yin Yang with the papers but ended up in a totally different direction (of course - that's not unusual for me). 

I started out with an ivory card base (my favorite) and then matted it with this pretty pink stardream paper.  On the pink paper I placed some tissue tape that had a white background. (If you look you will notice that some have white and others have an ivory background.  Its good to notice this because you can layer the tape onto like cardstock and create an almost perfect "stamped like" finish.)

I cut my two pattern papers into uneven strips.  I didn't measure.  I layered these onto my card and trimmed the edges as needed.

NOTE:  I built my card starting with the pink stardream first.  when that was complete, that's when I added it to my base card. This allowed me to trim.


Close Up!

For my embellishments: I die cut a frame from chipboard that I covered with some basic grey. I added a gold scrap paper charm to the inside (it was coincidence that it happened to fit the inside oval).  Then I added a paper flower 3-d sticker that I got at a Michaels.

I added pink pearls to match the pink stardream.


This is a side view of the papers.

Hope you enjoyed my serenity card!  Come back to see more cards and inspiration!

Lis

No comments: