Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Double Tulip Card using Sizzix Flower Die

Hi everyone!

Well, the summer is winding down and kids will be going back to school soon.  My nephew is going to be in high school this year!  Can you imagine?  Wow...time flies!

Today's card uses a tulip die from Sizzix (Flower with Leaves and Stem #3).  I've had the die for a while but , as is my habit, I tend to look at them for a while before deciding what to do.

I decided to use patterned papers over chipboard.  This card has an Amish feel for me.



I decided to leave the mats and card plain so as not to detract from the flowers.




Close Up!

All the pearls are individually placed on the flowers.  I used 2mm white pearls which i thought went really well with the overall piece.  I used slightly larger pearls on the tulips.


I embossed the sentiment on the back of a majong tile with green pearl embossing powder.  I added pearls and edged the piece in gold.  I overlapped the gold on purpose.


I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Come back soon!

Lis

No comments: