Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blue Ribbon Wish Card

Hi everyone and Happy Weekend to you all!

Today's card uses the torn paper technique.  I love love love torn paper.  All you need to do it is your hands and some paper!  Normally the goal is to tear the paper so that you have a strip of white (if the paper is a white core paper - note that if you use core'dinations , the core can be different.  Also Bazzill cardstock has same core color).  Anyway, you color the white edge to add dimension to your project.

For today's card I chose to use torn pieces that had no white edge.  I chose several different patterned papers and tore the papers into strips. I adhered them with glue stick and then trimmed the edges.  My card is 5 x 5 inches.  I edged the square with distress ink and attached it to an ivory card base.



I added a pretty blue ribbon and a flower.  The leaves are from a punch set of dutch punches that punch and then emboss.  The leaves look great, don't you think?  I added the word WISH and done!




Close Up!

I had these really pretty alphabet stickers (dimensional) that I've been using.  After a while it's hard to come up with words that use what's left of the alphabet! LOL


I hope you enjoyed today's card. Stop by again soon!

Lis

No comments: