Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Victoriana - Green Pearl Hearts Card

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! 

Today I'd like to share a card that I made that has a green color scheme.  I used a green distressed cardstock for the background and ivory for the base card.

I added some torn music paper (from Penny Black...it's gorgeous - not new - but it's one of the few that she has done.  She has this in both the beige and the white.  The previous card I made just before this one (with the mirror) also uses some Penny Black paper only it has gold foil writing instead of music.

I edged the music with forest moss distress ink and glued to the background paper.  I punched out10 leaves from dark green Bazzill cardstock and embossed them.  Doesn't the embossing look great?  This is actually a TWO PUNCH SET.  The first punch punches out the shape and the second one embosses it.  I love the way the leaves come out.  I spray a fine mist of water (just a little) on the punched leaves before I emboss them to make the embossing go a little easier.  I attached my leaves with mounting tape.  (You can find these great punch sets on http://www.franticstamper.com/dutchpunch.htm.   These are dutch punch sets.)


 I added some crotchet ribbon on both the top and bottom of the card.  I love the way crochet looks.  It gives the feel of Victorian days, doesn't it?  I added little green pearl hearts to the center of the leaf clusters. I finished it with a beige ribbon and bow.




I hope you liked this card. Come back again!

Lis

No comments: