Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Industry Card

Hi everyone!  My last card for this weekend is called Industry. 

My original intention was to create a third collage card using gears - kind of a steam punk card.  As usual, my muse had other ideas and lead me to this card instead.

The card itself has a very watercolor feel to me (again, not intended - art is kind of amazing that way, don't you think?)  I started out with a background sheet with a picture of gears.  I then used another paper with roses and blooming flowers, tore it and added it to the left.  I added the words "Industry" in the lower left and covered it with an embossed piece of acetate. I attached the acetate with brads that looked like nails.  I finished it off with a jeweled tassel.


 There is a lot of symbolism in this card. The nail brads are carelessly added.  The flower paper is edged with vintage photo ink and looks burned.  Industry is spelled with the number "1".

Close up of the word Industry and the acetate with embossed pattern.


I do like the look of this card. The colored paper makes it softer I think. I would like to read your comments on this card!

Thanks,Lis

No comments: