Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Muse - A Collage Card

Hi everyone and Happy Friday.  I know that for some of you it's not Friday so Happy day wherever you are!

Today's card is a collage card.  I used Graphic 45 papers.  I love their old style look.


I started out with ivory card stock for my card base.  Then I used patterned paper for the mat. You will notice that I edged the mat in gold.  I cut out one of the images from the Graphic 45 paper and colored the edge with walnut stain dye ink. 
7 Gypsies makes ATC supplies. One of the ones they did was clear plastic holders to put over the ATCs. They had a set you could buy with designs on them.  What you are seeing below (the black flower to the left of the woman's face) is one of those ATC folders.  I trimmed off the one end and placed it on top of the picture.  It looks really good and is a nice accent.
Then I took a medium tag and stamped and colored the edges with walnut stain dye ink.  I took a silver ball chain and colored it red with alcohol ink.  I punched out four small tags and embossed the letters M-U-S-E on them and strung them through the chain.  I attached the medium tag with mounting tape.
As a final touch I punched out two Fleur De Li's in gold glossy and added them to the card.


This card is a feast for the eyes.  I really love the woman's face and the way the flower stems curl.  I like the little tags and the chain because I like things that swing and move.


I hope you enjoyed today's card.

1 comment:

jean said...

I just bought the MS scroll heart punch and googled it for ideas. It sent me to your blog and WOW, I am so impressed with your work! I went all the way back to the beginning of your postings in January and have poured over each one and the incredible work and creativity that you display. I can't believe that you haven't had comments on the beautiful work you do! I would love to see a videos of some of your techniques,especially the hot foil one. I have subscribed to your blog and hope others do as well. Keep up the great work!
Jeannie in Maine