Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Art is Joy and Joy is Art Book

You all know how much I love making books!  Well today I am going to share one of my favorite ones with you.  I call it my Art is Joy Book.

I started out by by die cutting the scalloped squares.  To do this I first covered chipboard with Basic Grey papers.  This way when I cut them I wouldn't have to trim them afterwards. It gives a clean and finished look.  You may not have dies to cut these but you may want to visit your local scrapbook store. They usually have dies like this that you can use.  The dimensions of my little book are 4 inches x 4 inches.


 After I cut out all the pages, I lined them up and put them together so that I would be working on the two facing pages at the same time.  This way I could coordinate the designs across both pages.  I love making shaker boxes.  The two on the left have seashells in them.

I like to add different media to my little books. On the pages below I added a pair of angel wings that I made from melted UTEE and a mould.


I used the same rubber stamp on both pages but I used different colored inks.  I really love this page because of the cut outs I added. Again these were just designs from a larger piece of scrapbook paper. I used design scissors to cut them out. I love the stamped edge one. I covered them in glue and added clear glass beads.  It's hard to see in this picture but they look like sugared fruit does.



On this page I made a buddha mould out of paper.  I added clear plastic squares on the right and a purple tassel.


On the back I have a ribbon with a brass ribbon slide.  I had a postcard and cut out the image and added the letters for ART to it.  I foiled the letters.

I punched holes in the left side with a Zutter binding machine and bound my book pages with o-wire.

No comments: