Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Key to Time Card

I am fascinated with Time, clocks and gears.  I love the whole industrial look of them.  Today's card is done with that theme.

Most of what I used for this card is from Sizzix/Tim Holtz.  I used stardream gold paper and embossed the sun rays on it.  I die cut the clock dial and hands from this beautiful red card stock that is flocked with a damask pattern.  The gears are cut from a new Spellbinders die by Donna Salazar.  The brad is made using the i-Top tool by Imaginisce.



The keyhole on the bottom left was cut from gold mirror card. I also attached it with mounting tape.




I layered the gears onto the card using mounting tape. I used one layer for the second gear and two layers for the third and top gear.  I thought this looked more real and gave it some depth. 
I wanted to use something to attach the hands together that was the same theme and I came up with another clock picture that I cut from some paper I had. 

 I enjoyed making this card.  Cutting out the gears and putting it together was a lot of fun.  The red from the clock stands out and the flocked deisng gives it interest.

I hope that you enjoyed today's card!

No comments: