Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello from Darkest Africa Card - with the Martha Stewart Scroll Heart Punch

Hi everyone and Happy Easter to you all.  I hope that you made plenty of Easter cards for your families.  I made about 20 cards for family and friends (most of them went to friends! I have only my dad and two sisters.)

I just bought the new 7 Gypsies paper tape and was really anxious to use some of it!  So, I started out adding some of the tape to a piece of herringbone card stock.  It really felt like "safari" to me.  So, I kept adding and when I matted it to the dark brown, I said "Aha! Africa".  My inspiration came from those old movies where the group is on safari and someone sends back a letter with all these odd cancellations on them.  (I hope you all don't think I'm crazy...LOL).

Enjoy the card.




 I think the gold paint pen edging really gives this whole card that little extra.  It works really well on the picture and blue backing.



Take care, Lis

1 comment:

Rubber Stamp said...

Hi
Such a nice card i really like it. this type of cards is very good Thank you for share this information keep posting.